It’s a shame when a person with a great technical talent has trouble in expressing and communicating that talent in front of their peers and colleagues.
People often arrive at a level of responsibility because of their ‘technical competence’ having followed a route of technical qualifications specific to the job. The next stage of development in their role typically demands that they complement their technical skills with their ‘personal effectiveness’ as it’s their ‘soft skills’ and ability to connect, communicate and express their competence with confidence which will dictate their success going forward.
This programme is designed to give participants the tools and insight that will ideally compliment their technical abilities with their emotional intelligence, human engineering skills, self management skills and the personal confidence to express that competence to others.
- Recognise the principles that build self confidence and self belief.
- How attitude underpins success– Develop a stronger attitude towards ourselves, others and our jobs.
- Recognise the habits and behaviours of success– The common denominator of success.
- How to positively influence, understand and build productive relationships with different types of personalities that we encounter in every job.
- Develop our inter-personal skills– Build trust, sell your ideas and gain willing co-operation from others.
- Strengthen your leadership skills– motivate and lead others more effectively.
- Expand Your Comfort Zone– develop more poise, self-belief and self-confidence, particularly under pressure and in new situations.
- Communication skills– how to really listen so that you get to really understand others and what makes them tick.
Programme Duration: One day, 9.30am-4.30pm, delivered online.
Who will benefit from attending?
Team leaders, middle managers, emerging leaders or anyone who wants to develop more of their personal potential, communication skills, understanding of different personality types and their ability to lead, influence and persuade others.
Ideally suited for those that want to compliment their technical competence with the soft skills and confidence essential for accelerating and opening doors in their careers.
Absolutely brilliant. Very good tutor.
This programme is valuable for deepening the understanding of yourself and your needs as well as a better appreciation of the needs of others.
Very positive, engaging and realistic.
Very helpful. Thank you for the supporting information.
Great. Really enjoyed it and will definitely use what I have learned.
Valid for everyone and I think most people would reflect inwards and know where they can improve.
Interesting, stimulating and thought provoking.
Excellent and really helpful.
Very interesting and has been very insightful for me.
Very helpful and fun. Interesting information provided.
Good basis for knowing what I need to build upon.
A useful introduction into development of personal effectiveness and insights into how to build confidence and influence.
Fantastic. It has really opened my mind to a lot of things. Michael is a great speaker and teacher.
Fantastic. Really enjoyed it.
Useful opportunity for reflection Useful to get away from the office, reflect and get to know colleagues.
Fun, involving and interactive. It has shown me I can, but to be patient and believe.
Informative. It’s made me think about things I hadn’t before.