Soft skills are increasingly becoming the hard skills of today’s workforce. It’s just not enough to be highly trained in technical skills, without developing the softer, interpersonal, leadership and relationship-building skills that help people to communicate and collaborate effectively.
The workplace has evolved as an interpersonal dynamic that can’t be ignored. The acts of listening, presenting ideas, resolving conflict and fostering an open and honest work environment all come down to knowing how to build relationships with people.
Soft skills are more critical than ever to your success and bring you and your team’s performance to life.
- Communication skills – Being able to actively listen to others and articulate your ideas in writing and verbally to any audience in a way where you are heard and achieve the results you intended.
- Building and motivating a high performing team with people of varied skills, personalities, motivations, and work styles.
- Interpersonal relationship skills – Become more effective at building trust, finding common ground, having emotional empathy, and ultimately building good relationships with people at work extending your network of influence.
- Meeting Management and Facilitating skills – Being able to coordinate and solicit well represented opinions and feedback from a group with diverse perspectives to reach a common, best solution.
- Influencing and persuasion skills – Building buy-in for your ideas, a decision, an action, a product or a new way of solving an old problem.
- Leadership skills – Becoming the kind of person that inspires others to action builds commitment and engages others.
- Develop mentoring and coaching skills – Providing constructive wisdom, guidance, and feedback that helps unlock potential in others and addresses under-performance. Feel more confident when dealing with challenging personalities
- How to deal with challenging/unexpected situations – Stay calm and effective when faced with an unexpected or difficult situation. Think on your feet and articulate thoughts in an organized manner even when not fully prepared for the situation you are in.
- Negotiation skills – Being able to understand the other side’s motivations and leverage and reach a win-win resolution that you find favorably, satisfies both sides, and maintains relationships for future interactions.
Programme Duration: Three half days days, 9.30am-1.00pm, spread over three weeks, delivered online.
Who should attend?
This programme is ideal for anyone from a finance, digital, engineering or any technical background who recognises that the next step in their career development is to compliment their technical competence by developing their ‘soft skills’ and ‘human engineering skills’.
A selection of feedback from participants
Excellent course content, with detailed handouts and presentations.
A very informative course that makes you think about simple things to help achieve a better working environment.
Great session brilliantly delivered.
Having not really managed before – but even if you have this course is invaluable!
Really valuable learning that will help me in my future.
Useful and an eye-opener. It also reaffirmed some of the values and beliefs I know are good and I should do more of.
Reassuring, informative, well structured, and educational.
Very informative, there are many helpful tips and suggestions about effective leadership that can be used to develop a high performing team.
Really good on how to work well at your workplace. It will help you get the best out of you and your team.
Really useful in helping new managers understand their role as the head of the team.
A good refresher to previous learning. Resources are very welcome as a reminder after the course.
Informative, fun and well executed.
Really informative and helped me to understand parts of being a leader a lot better.
Very enjoyable and well set out with the small group works.
Very helpful for new managers.
A great taster to get you thinking about different leadership styles and the components of good leadership.
Excellent course materials!
Really informative and thought provoking. Really helpful in providing principles for encouraging a team.