Staying out in front today takes more than just being a good manager. It requires the skills of a real leader. This action-learning programme is designed for Business Owners, Directors and Senior Managers who are looking to maximise their leadership abilities, management process skills and coach their teams to higher levels of performance.
This programme explores the fundamentals of inspirational leadership, strategies for decision-making, the tools and techniques for communicating persuasively, how to build an innovative team culture, set performance expectations empower and enable your team, build more commitment and trust in the workplace.
- Inspirational Leadership. Recognise the qualities of inspirational leadership. Build a motivational environment that encourages commitment and high performance teamwork.
- Encouraging Creativity & Innovation. Use processes that drive creativity and innovation. Implement proven methods of improving performance and productivity.
- Decision Making Techniques. Develop your decision-making confidence, encourage others to take initiative for solving problems.
- Time Management and Prioritisation. Stay productive with multiple demands on my time. Remain focussed under pressure to hit targets and deadlines
- Communication. Encourage greater communication at an organisational and individual level. Listen to understand.
- Business and Project Planning. Master the eight-step planning process. Transform your vision and goals into specific plans of action.
- Setting Performance Expectations. Know how to define performance standards for your team. Emphasise responsibility and accountability for results.
- Delegation and Empowerment. Learn how to delegate effectively. Develop positive control systems encourage positive feedback and keep plans on track.
- Performance Coaching & Review. Understand the role of positive coaching. Encourage higher levels of productivity and performance. Deliver performance reviews that encourage and motivate.
- Leadership Styles. Recognise my personal leadership style and tendencies. Become more effective at achieving results through the engaging the willing co-operation of my team.
Programme Duration: One 4 hour meeting each week for 7 weeks.
Participants and their line manager are personally interviewed prior to the programme in order that specific and measurable behaviour and skill development objectives are documented. Feedback and ongoing evaluation is maintained throughout the project against the agreed development objectives.
Post programme coaching and support is available.
‘The PDG Management Development Programme lays down the principles which will serve me and my team well into the future. It has improved me already, but the effects will be greater as time goes on and I challenge my own behaviour in the long term.’
Ben Beresford, Sales Manager, National Flexible
‘’The PDG Management Development Programme was an informative and practical approach to management training which provides the tools required to effectively implement the relevant strategies. The performance management tools all provide structure for controlling the process.’’
Gareth Whitaker, Associate Engineer, Silcock Leedham Ltd
“Great program, everyone getting involved really brought the management team closer together.”
Phil Devine, Commercial Director, Seabrook Crisps Ltd.
“An excellent programme, well researched, prepared and presented. A valuable exercise I would recommend. Anyone with management responsibilities would benefit from attending”.
Mark Bassett, Corporate Sales Manager, Private Health Partnership.
“The Leadership course, combined with the Management Development Programme, has been the single most influential programme of self improvement I have ever had the good fortune to attend”.
Richard Jackson, Operations Manager, 490 Ltd.
“As MD and principle coach at PDG, I found Michael’s help with senior management development and managing change at the RHA most refreshing. His course material is based on sound ‘real world’ principles. Delivery is comforting in its simplicity, empathy and effectiveness. But most importantly the training relates to the job in hand meaning the days spent learning translate into quick wins once back in the office.”
Peter Shakespear, Head of Publications, Road Haulage Association.
“Excellent programme, sometimes very eye opening with great management and leadership tools taught. The best course of its type I have been on”.
James Savage, Practice Manager, Watson Batty Architects Ltd.